An owners associaion for the sport of ocean racing in Western Australia. Incorporated on 26 June 2020.
The objects of the association are to:
1. Promote Ocean Racing, inshore, offshore, Bluewater and regatta racing in Western Australian waters;
2. Act in good faith and without bias to any stakeholder including but not limited to an organising authority, boat owner, crewmember or sponsor;
3. Create a brand and competition format that is recognised as consistent, predictable and willing to be embraced by all stakeholders;
4. Standardise where appropriate, without compromising the independence of any organising authority, race execution and behaviours across all participating organising authorities by way of published guidelines;
5. Increase desirability of participation for boat owners, crew, organising authorities, volunteers, sponsors or any other prospective stakeholder;
6. Publish documents consistent with the objects of the Association which may include but not limited to a joint notice of race or joint sailing instructions issued on behalf of the organising authority.
7. Foster compliance with Safety Regulations and Rules of Racing.
8. Co-ordinate and publish a calendar of Ocean Racing events hosted by participating clubs in Western Australia and sanctioned by the committee.
9. Administer the Siska sailing series the IRC State Championship (or any derivative thereof) and any other series or event consistent with the object of the association.
10. To ensure the Siska trophy remains.
11. Manage the Annual Trophy and Awards presentation function.
12. Liaise with any other organisations including but not limited to yacht clubs, government authorities, Australian Sailing, other Associations.
13. Ensure that the Association has a sustainable business model and is adequately resourced to deliver desirable outcomes.
To view the Constitiution please use this link.